Monday 06-13-2016

Alright everyone... apologies again.  My own personal soap opera has gotten in the way; I finished my residency in Georgia, then traveled on to Florida to see my mother.  Had a wonderful time, three very relaxing and enjoyable days, then made the trek back home to Texas.  For two weeks, my mom told me how much she missed me, wanted me to come back, etc.  It was so nice to have reconnected with her, after she declared me dead last year (on Mother's Day) for forgetting to check the oil in the 2003 Mazda she had given me, as partial payment for work I did on her Duncannville house in 2014.  The engine threw a rod after I'd had it only six months.  With that behind us, we were in a good place again, even though she never apologized for declaring me dead; I forgave her, because I love her.

However, two weeks ago, everything changed again.  My daughter, who has been fostering a sibling set of three (two brothers and a sister) for the past year and a half, sent a text on our group thread, telling us that the children were being put up for adoption - their biological parents are both in jail for killing their last baby while high on Meth, and the grandparents have not been able to pass classes to prove their ability to care for the kids.  Now, for the past year or so, we have had discussions between the three of us about how these kids needed to stay with Kasey... but somehow my mother remained oblivious to those conversations and when Kasey said the paperwork will be finalized in August for the adoption, my mother asked, "what adoption?"  Kasey replied, "the one that's going to let the kids stay with me."  All of the sudden, everything changed.  My mom accused my daughter and I of scheming behind her back - she agreed to 'let' Kasey foster while living in this home, but, she said, she did NOT agree to adoption!  I asked when a granddaughter had to get permission from her grandmother to have children; my mom's response was to shut off my phone.  

The last hold my mother had over me was the fact that she paid for my phone; I now have my own account and am no longer under her thumb (which upsets her).  I can take her abusing me and look past it (it's nothing new...she has been this way my entire life), but when she started being ugly to my daughter, and threatening to put my grandchildren at risk, she crossed the line.  My daughter's name is on the Deed, along with my mother and step-father she did that, so that in the event of their death, the house could go straight to Kasey without probate.  She loved my daughter so much - reminds her so much of my deceased sister, its frightening - bragged about how smart, and beautiful and talented she is all the time; and now, because she's butt-hurt about not being 'consulted' prior to Kasey committing to adopt those kids, she's going to be hateful and ruin our relationship forever??

Oh, well... on to the main soap opera of this blog:

Joey, Kayla and Steve all laugh and joke about their adventures on the road.  Then Joey gets a text from Jade saying that she needs help.  They return to the commune, but it appears to be empty; a door to a back room is locked and Joey sees someone in there – the guy who beat him up asks why he is back again; he opens the door and grabs Joey, slamming the door closed behind him.  The guy has a gun; apparently he has taken everyone in the commune hostage.  Jade begs the guy to put the gun away but he doesn’t; Joey tries to talk to him.  He is obviously dangerously stressed out; he pushes Joey to the ground.  Then he decides to use Joey as a shield; he steps out of the door and tells Steve and Kayla his demands (I guess he expects them to tell the cops).  He goes back in the room with the gun still pointed at Joey; he pushes him back on the floor.  Steve and Kayla call the police – the police are stuck in a pileup on the freeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment