Personal Soap Update (Brief)

PASSED MY Doctoral Qualifying Exam!  Yay!  Moving on to my final year of research and preparation for my dissertation, which I will have to successfully "defend" at the end of the (school) year, in order to actually receive my doctoral diploma.  I am now in my first research course, which will alternate with my electives.  I'm excited to get into those;-).

Anyway, my daughter has finally, fully moved out of my mother's house; I've spent the last week helping her clean and make repairs that have been needing to be made all along.  She wants to leave the place as beautiful as possible, because she is a much bigger person than my mother - or even, myself.  She has been communiticating with my mother, by text and email, and has said that she will do so "on a business level" from now on.  If she is able to do that, I said, more power to her.  I couldn't; I would tell her to go to hell.

My daughter's new place is beautiful; I just hate that it is so far away (a 40 minute drive for me), but the horses are happy, as are the rest of her babies (cats and dogs), and the kids.  I'm going to give her a few of my willows - they are all grown from one mother willow, given to me by my oldest boy, for Mother's Day, 2001 - I have dozens of them right now.

My mother was going to make a trip up here, to prepare the house for sale; she was set to be here on May 4th, and needless to say, I was dreading it.  She told Kasey last week that she has "cancer" on her bladder, and had to have surgery; they "scraped it off" but had to put a catheder in and then she couldn't travel.  It's been in a week now, and she isn't sure when the doctor will clear her to travel - or if he even will.  My, oh my... isn't Karma a bitch?

~Dennel

No comments:

Post a Comment